First life drawing session to kick off 2014







It's nice to be back at the easel!  We just finished our month long hiatus from life drawing because of the holidays, but alas, the Guelph Art Hub resumes.  I've been having many talks with friends about how Guelph seems to draw many people back to it, for one reason or another.  I hope my cozy, ever evolving life drawing sessions could be on that list for some one day!

We had a great turnout for the first session, so I decided to take some pictures of everyone as they worked.  Hope you enjoy.  If you'd like to come out, all of the details are here, and it's $15 a session or $65 for a 5 session card, which I just punch whenever you come.  Take a look at some of the work that others have produced at the sessions here.

Here are some helpful artistic resources if you stumble upon this post and would also like to learn with us!

Also, I'm going to start offering an online mentoring service, titled Garth Laidlaw's Art Camp... very original I know.  I've been learning so much from Noah Bradley's Art Camp that I decided to give it a try, but more geared towards the beginners out there, wanting to learn more about art, or for those applying to get into art schools.

Also, I've been very inspired from listening to some of Chris Oatley's artist podcasts lately, especially his talk with Will Terry and '2D Bean'.  I highly, highly encourage these.  So ready to tackle those projects.  Last but not least, I'm going to pick up "Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity" which Chris Oatley has recommended highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment