Life painting and Storybook launch!


It's great to tackle the whole scene, not just the figure, as I often do.  Although there's far less detail in amidst the figure, I like how the figure suddenly has a context, a belonging in the environment.  Today was a really great session, despite my constant engagement into fiery political discussions.  I keep finding my brain telling myself to 'disengage' whenever I feel like I absolutely NEED to get my opinion out during a life session, because ... I always seem to concentrate better when there is less to be enraged or intensely passionate about.  I've realized however, that I'm still in no short store of passion these days, which is great since I'll be moving forward with the childrens storybook I've been working on for a while now.

I've officially launched this project on behalf of myself and the very talented author, Steph-Marie Szenasi, a good friend of mine.  We're really excited about it, and it feels great to have a site up now, which can be seen here.

It's been a great journey so far, and I expect as I begin Noah Bradley's Art Camp (online painting course I've signed up for), I'll be obligated to produce the work at a faster pace!  I think it is a wise choice to make many of the storybook illustrations part of my assignments to be completed for the course.  Nothing helps me more than the pressure of deadlines sadly!

Oh academia, how you've shaped me...

Here's an illustration of the storybook from the site.


No comments:

Post a Comment