Another summer update (chalk painting class)





Alright this is a three parter, i'll break it down:

1) Self portrait of kid - Was about 20 min i think. Can't remember. also in chalk pastel. it was fun, quite a speed paint in some ways. some awkward proportional things going on there..

2)Dancer from life - This one was a while, a hour and bit perhaps. Also in chalk pastel, and from life, except i added the background colours. I like this one, interesting angle and such.

3) Portrait of my grandma - This one took a while. The likeness once again isn't there in my opinion. The art teacher said the shadows were too strong, and i definitely think that this is part of the problem. Should be softer. Nonetheless, these are early days of my chalk painting experience, so these errors are slightly more justified haha.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the dancer one! that looks awesome! good job Garth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all great! Awesome, thanks for the update :)

    ReplyDelete