Still Life final painting.



This is my final still life painting for.. painting class. It was fun, and after a disastrous beginning to an oil painting the night before, I'm feeling better about this one. This is partly due to the lack of fumes, as it's done in gouache. In my basement there isn't much ventilation so the oil solvents wreaked.

On the technical side of things, i feel like i understand drapery a lot more, especially since i don't think my drapery made any sense in my previous paintings. I think it's something that you just have to spend a little more time on trying to get right, as it can be quite complicated. I did this painting kind of backwards, in that i did the foreground first (green shirt), then my blue shirt, and then the objects, and finally finished up with the background colours. Art teachers would not be impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment